Weekly collection sale and Nursery Rhymes…

Hi there,

I hope you’re all ready for a wonderful weekend.  Valarie has no new releases this weekend, so I thought I would share some inspiration for one of my layouts with you.  When I first saw Valarie’s Weekly collection, I immediately thought of the poem, ‘Monday’s Child’. It’s a traditional nursery rhyme, here in England, taught to children, to help them learn the days of the week. Here is the poem and you can find out more about it’s origins HERE. Common modern versions include:

Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go,
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child who is born on the Sabbath/Sunday
Is bonny and blithe and good and gay.

My DD was born on a Thursday and this inspired my simple layout with the Weekly Collection.

thursday 706 SnS-ThursdaysChild

Mini day kits are available, on sale this weekend for only US$ 1.50 and the bundled Weekly collection is only US$ 10, instead of $22. All available at Funky Playground Designs HERE.

What nursery rhymes have inspired you to scrap a page?

Have fun,

blogtag_petra

    Digg Del.icio.us StumbleUpon Reddit RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: